Tuesday, November 9, 2010

SharePoint 2010: Patch Warnings in Health Reports

I recently recieved two warnings in Central Admin in regards to upgrades:

  • Product / patch installation or server upgrade required
  • Databases running in compatibility range, upgrade recommended.

I thought this was strange since I just applied the August 2010 Cumulative Hotfixes. After reviewing the details of the issues I realized that the SharePoint Product Configuration wizard needed to be run. The details explain about running psconfig or psconfigUI - don't be alarmed - psconfigUI is just a fancy technical term for the SharePoint Product Configuration wizard. Usually patches and updates run that automatically but I guess I missed the memo that you need to make sure it runs after applying the hotfixes. Anyway, it is an easy fix and I am always confident that the wizard is doing the right thing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matched Content