Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SharePoint 2013: SQL Server Reporting Services Service Not Appearing in Services on Server


I previously went through the process of building a Reporting Services Server in SharePoint 2013 Integrated mode which I documented in my post here.

The database team decided they wanted another dedicated Reporting Services Server added to our staging farm. Fine. Sure. No problem. I have the steps documented and we should probably just follow the ones for the Report Server.

So we both did that and I could not see SQL Server Reporting Services Service under Services on Server in SharePoint Central Administration. So I thought something was wrong. I tried several different things and reinstalling/repairing SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 SP1. I was banging my head.

Then I realized..wait a second...didn't I run some PowerShell commands before?? Yes I did. I just forgot to include them in the original post (which I just updated anyway).

So if you do not see SQL Reporting Services Service running on the Report Server, you need to register and start the SQL Server Reporting Services on the server using PowerShell commands within the SharePoint 2013 Management Shell (on the Report Server):

Install-SPRSService
Install-SPRSServiceProxy

get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like "SQL Server Reporting*"} | Start-SPServiceInstance


 

1 comment:

  1. One of the interesting changes that Microsoft did in Reporting Services was to change the SharePoint mode from a Windows Service to a SharePoint Shared Service.

    ReplyDelete

Matched Content